Pie for Pi!!!
18 September 2012
openSUSE Project has a standing tradition of giving back to the community. And if you thought openSUSE Summit was about to break that tradition, you thought wrong!
The Summit is excited to announce the Pie for Pi Raffle drawing this weekend to benefit GNOME Foundation. Andrew Wafaa, affectionately known as The FunkyPenguin has generously donated a RaspberryPi board. SUSE is also stepping in donating a 36" stuffed Geeko plushie. It's pretty rare to spot one of these super-sized Geekos out in the wild, so you don't want to miss this one.
openSUSE Summit Sweetens The Deal...LITERALLY!!!
Not to be outdone, the Summit is making this a win-win raffle for everyone. Each ticket sells for $1. But if you buy $5, you get 6 tickets. AND... you get a free slice of pie. Nom Nom Nom!
Here's how it works
* Raffle tickets begin selling immediately after the Friday Opening Ceremony.
* Tickets will be sold on Saturday at the openSUSE Forums table in the Geeko lounge.
* Free slices of pie will only be sold on Saturday.
* Raffle Drawing to be held in the LUG Room at 4:50 p.m. on Saturday
* Winners must be present to claim prizes.
Why GNOME Foundation?
Like many open source organizations, the GNOME Foundation works hard to raise money to send people to important events and organize hackfests. The User Observation hackfest to be held during the Summit is no exception. Sending people around is no small feat, but it is an important part of how the open source community ecosystem works. This is our way of saying thanks to GNOMEies for all they do.
#ossum12 on Twitter